New Races (attempt 2)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by XxGeniusxX, May 12, 2019.

1. XxGeniusxX

Donator
    Expand Collapse

#1 XxGeniusxX, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Hello o/

Last time I suggest 3 new races. These however were too similar to the already existing races, so now I'm here to try again.

Demon:

-Fire resistance (by this I mean actual immunity from fire)

-Can't be targeted by normal mobs (can still be targeted by custom mobs)

Fallen angel:

-Immunity from all negative potion effects

-Teleportation (a /jump command which allows you to teleport to the place you are looking at. This would obviously have to have a cooldown of at least 30 seconds)

I hope these are unique enough. Otherwise I'll try to think of something else.

P.S.
    Please bring back the #suggestion channel in discord. It was quite useful.

2. Braadley

Donator
    Expand Collapse

- The #suggestion channel on Discord wouldn't be a bad idea, but then there would be no point for the forums. Realistically if Ten wanted to he could move everything to Discord and make it 10x easier, but the forums were worked hard on and I don't think he wants to do that.
    - Demon Race? I like the idea with the Fire Resistance. I'd actually be all for a "nether race" if that makes sense, but the not being targetted by normal mobs would be a bit OP and would have to be scaled a bit if wanted to be done correctly.
    - Fallen Angel? I feel like that'd be a bit too OP.

3. XxGeniusxX

Donator
    Expand Collapse

Demon:
    Well, on this server I think the normal mobs aren't really any danger. Most players have decent gear after a couple days. The custom mobs, however, they will almost always be a threat, which is exactly why I chose to be non-targetable by normal mobs rather than by custom mobs. I don't think it would be too op.

Fallen Angel:
    As for the Fallen Angel. You might be right. I think the two powers combined are indeed a bit overpowered. You could remove the 'Immunity from all negative potion effects' and replace it with some simple McMMO bonus or a bit of extra health. The /jump command might seem really overpowered, but we were given the command on a previous server which I played on and it's actually not op at all.

4. Braadley

Donator
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I read it wrong and that was my bad! I like the idea about the whole avoiding regular mobs, that's not a bad idea. Also, the extra health wouldn't be a bad idea and would be handy! :)

5. XxGeniusxX

Donator
    Expand Collapse

Yess, now let's wait for Tenjou's response...

6. Kenyonnathan

Donator
    Expand Collapse

not to sure how mob immunity would work as custom mobs are just normal mobs reskinned with different drops

7. XxGeniusxX

Donator
    Expand Collapse

Tenjou said he doesn't want new races so there go all my hopes and dreams. I'm not sure if he was referring to my suggestion or new races in general though.

8. Kenyonnathan

Donator
    Expand Collapse

Unsure I personally hope more are added and that they have more interesting perks that are more specific to the race. Which I think would happen if custom enchants end up getting added to the server