Suggestions and talking about the server.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Braadley, May 16, 2019.

1. Braadley

Donator
    Expand Collapse

#1 Braadley, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Okay! Time for more suggestions, and more so longer read, haha. :)

1) Fishing contest plugin - Every survival server has this and it encourages people to actually fish as you can get money and or whatever you set it up to give, and if you're bored or tired of doing one thing and a fishing contest pops up in the chat, it'd be a good break. Overall would improve the gameplay and be fun! Personally, I've seen servers and give out a crate key every time the fishing contest is on to the #1 top person for that specific one and money to the other 3-4 people, possibly giving out a vote or premium key would be great! Yes, I get premium keys are worth money, but we need a way for players to actually get things through doing things in-game and this is a perfect idea for that, and the fishing contest happens every hour so it's not like an every 15-minute thing!
    (Leaving it an hour is good in my opinion because any longer and it would pointless and too long of a wait.)
    Plugin link (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/morefish-improved-fishing-and-fishing-competition.22926/)

2) Mob spawner stacking/upgradeable - This would decrease lag and work perfectly hand in hand with the mob stacker plugin.
    Plugin link (https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/wildstacker-spawners-stacker/)

3) Resetting the nether/end/resource world - These three worlds are super important, and I understand the server is smaller so resetting it every 3 months is fine, but I think that the reset time for these three worlds needs to be reset monthly. Keeping content fresh, and still allowing players to gather stuff without waiting forever. For example, The Nether is cleared out, there are 0 blaze spawners in it. This brings me to my next suggestion for these worlds probably a better one if anything, and instead of putting it into its own number I'll just speak about it here. Expanding the borders for these worlds, I think these worlds need to be increased from there current states to
    Overworld - (25,000x25,000)
    Resource World - (15,000x15,000)
    Nether - (15,000x15,000)
    End - (15,000x15,000)

4) More crate rewards - I think giving the crates a buff and adding more possible rewards would be cool!

5) When updating to 1.14 instead of resetting the Overworld, possibly just expanding the border so we get the new terrain well still keeping our current builds or allowing everyone to keep one build and just putting it into a server schematic (Obviously all the chests/OP spawners would be removed to still keep a fresh economy) but just expand the borders kthx xD.

I briefly checked another server that my buddy owns which gets about 70-100 players peak times and 20-40 early mornings/late nights. Most of the suggestions I've given they have and or I've taken from my previous knowledge of owning/staffing servers and my friend's suggestions and just being on the server the past 1-2 weeks. I and my friends are already getting bored and it hasn't even been a full two weeks since we've been here, that says something. No offense we love the server and love the environment <3. I've also heard many other people just end up quitting and moving servers within a month of playing because of the lack of content there is and I'm just trying to help change that and make the server grow well still keeping it fun for everyone! :)
    Also, more frequent sales and putting more money into advertisements for the server. Just alone this month we've made $700 USD we could at least put $150-200 of that into advertisements and have the server booming. Also, we need some more active staff, and possibly an admin rank introduced so when Ten isn't on we can have somebody there to help with higher up issues that have the power too, but that'll come when it does that's not a big issue.
    I also have my first suggestion thread which you can go back to and check on my other suggestions such as season crates, custom enchants, and other things like that, but this one is much bigger and put into more detail with different suggestions! <3

2. Braadley

Donator
    Expand Collapse

All of the suggestions above would really help our server out and bring back an economy and more of a player-base. As of right now, it seems like two people pretty much have everything and that's Kenyonnathan & IdealOpportunity. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it needs to change for the better! :)

3. xXThemrpigXx

Expand Collapse

I like a lot of the suggestions yet many of them need work

Fishing plugin cool yes but move it from 1 hour to every 3 to 5 yes 1 hour gives more content yet when your giving out basicly everyone online a free key it removes the profit from the shop

Reset for 1.14 is needed all items and builds should be removed and a compleate map overhaul in general expanding the boarders does nothing we need a new map now there needs to be a nether that does not reset as if i want to make a grinder in the nether aka drowned or wither skelly i cant due to the fact that all my hard work will be reset in 3 months

Spawner shop would be nice but would remove the value of spawners and make the server so much more laggy

Now the last issue i see with this is the fact ten doesnt have the time for all of this. A admin or 2nd coder would be needed to help him to do all of these

Braadley likes this.
  4. Braadley

Donator
    Expand Collapse

#4 Braadley, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Expanding the borders is a must, and yeah I agree. The spawner shop idea is an eh with me and I'm partially 50/50 myself with it. Also, deleted the idea about the spawner shop and repair sign as it's dumb.

5. Braadley

Donator
    Expand Collapse

Also, more weekly events that take place throughout the weekends would be great! :)

6. TenjouKia

Owner
    Staff Member Owner
    Expand Collapse

I'll take them into considerations

7. XxGeniusxX

Donator
    Expand Collapse

If everything gets reset then I personally see no point in playing right now. We might as well wait for the update. In my opinion a better solution would be resetting the Resource Dimension completely and maybe expanding the borders of the main overworld.

8. TenjouKia

Owner
    Staff Member Owner
    Expand Collapse

No there will not be a reset for Overworld. @XxGeniusxX

9. XxGeniusxX

Donator
    Expand Collapse

thank god.. or thank Tenjou I guess <3

10. Kenyonnathan

Donator
    Expand Collapse

expaneding the world border past 32 chunks 32x14=448 blocks each way so a 2k border extension at least would allow new chunks to load meaning new biomes and content for a new update AFTER the update is applied to the server and as for natural farms pig you still can make them you just have to understand that they will disappear in 3 months so you have to be willing to take that risk and you can farm drowned in the over world. the only thing we cant really farm spawner wise atm is withers which all you would need to do is rework a nether fortress into a farm. and id love to see the fishing contest added ingame for ingame money keys would be a bit much maybe a grand tourney once a month or something for some keys. and anyone can rise to ideal and my own level they just need to spend time playing the server i think we both have over 700hrs now other players over 100 hrs are doing well for themselves and are relatively active.

11. TenjouKia

Owner
    Staff Member Owner
    Expand Collapse

I will definitely add more things when my schedule is less tight, I have quite a lot of school works hope you all can understand that. And regarding advertising, I have looked it up but most of it cost thousands of dollars and I do not think it is worth the price.

Long story short, I will try and add stuff to the server so that it is more enjoyable for you all.

12. XxGeniusxX

Donator
    Expand Collapse

does that mean you're still open for race suggestions? (Demon etc.)